莱斯特华人网 | LeicesterBBS

搜索
莱斯特华人网 | LeicesterBBS 论坛 新闻快递 | News 莱斯特Bradgate Park两只野生鹿被狗袭击身亡 ...
查看: 1835|回复: 1
go

[本地消息] 莱斯特Bradgate Park两只野生鹿被狗袭击身亡 [复制链接]

金钱
魅力
威望
积分
精华
帖子
1#
发表于 2008-1-17 14:38 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览 |打印
[Leicester Mercury 英文报道 1月17日]

那个公园里有很多鹿...也有很多狗
网民的评论两极化

http://www.leicestermercury.co.u ... ;contentPK=19580968

PARK DEER KILLED IN DOG ATTACKS
40 readers have commented on this story. Click here to read their views.

BY TOM BENNETT

10:30 - 17 January 2008

Two deer have been killed after being chased down by dogs in Bradgate Park.

The fallow deer, both aged about two, were attacked by lurchers in separate incidents in the past week.

Park bosses have urged pet owners to keep their dogs on a lead if there is a chance they might run off, and warned that if a dog was spotted chasing a deer it might be shot.

In the first incident, on January 6, a lurcher attacked two fallow deer.

Witnesses said one escaped with minor injuries, but the other suffered a broken leg and had to be destroyed.

In the second attack, on January 8, a dog attacked a single deer, which later died from neck wounds.

The dog owners have paid compensation and, although the amount has not been disclosed, a fallow deer is understood to cost between £120 and £170.

Humberstone ward councillor John Mugglestone, vice-chairman of Bradgate Park Trust, said such attacks only happened once or twice a year. He said: "They were both lurchers. In one case, the dog pulled the deer down and in the other, the deer was so badly injured that it had to be put down.

"Rangers took the names and addresses (of the dogs' owners) and they were billed for the damage. We do ask for dogs to be kept under control. Anyone who had any doubt about their dog responding to verbal demands should keep it on a lead.

"Rangers could be faced with a situation where they may see a dog chasing a deer and are forced to shoot it, as farmers can when they worry sheep."

Michael Harrison, the park's land agent, said: "Fortunately, it is rare for this sort of thing to happen, but we are getting more cases of dogs chasing deer.

"I think it is because of people bringing a dog to the park and assuming it is not going to chase deer. Dogs don't often see deer and many naturally want to chase them.

"We love people to bring their dogs here but all the signs at the entrances ask them to be responsible and keep them under control."

One dog walker, who did not want to be named, said: "I heard the first deer had a broken leg and had to be shot. The second deer had its throat ripped out. As I understand it, the dog owner was so distraught she had the dog put down.

"I'm a dog walker myself and have been for years, but I always keep my dog on a lead, and I think the park should make all dog owners do so."

金钱
魅力
威望
积分
精华
帖子
2#
发表于 2008-1-18 00:42 |只看该作者
‹ 上一主题|下一主题
你需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 註 冊

Archiver| Leicester BBS

GMT, 2024-5-17 01:00