莱斯特华人网 | LeicesterBBS

搜索
莱斯特华人网 | LeicesterBBS 论坛 新闻快递 | News 莱斯特:抗议英国调整议养老金,教师计划6月30日strike ...
查看: 1704|回复: 0
go

[本地消息] 莱斯特:抗议英国调整议养老金,教师计划6月30日strike [复制链接]

金钱
魅力
威望
积分
精华
帖子

有面子徽章

1#
发表于 2011-6-21 10:50 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览 |打印
为抗议英国政府调整养老金,莱斯特的National Union of Teachers (NUT) and Association of Teachers and Lecturers (ATL) 决定在6月30日strike。同日Victoria Park会出现一些老师的抗议宣传活动.很多学校可能会为此无法上课一天

http://www.thisisleicestershire. ... 9-detail/story.html

[来源:Leicester Mercury 6月12日]

Teachers vote to strike over pensions
Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Leicester Mercury
Follow

Thousands of pupils could miss lessons this month after teachers voted to strike in a row over pensions.

Union leaders said that most schools would be forced to shut after teachers voted to walk out on Thursday, June 30.

​Pupils may have to miss a day at school if teachers srike

The dispute is over concerns they will be working longer, paying more and receiving less when they retire.

Members of the National Union of Teachers (NUT) and Association of Teachers and Lecturers (ATL) voted for action.

Alison Deacon, spokeswoman of ATL's local branch, which has 2,500 members, said: "I hope this makes the Government start talking. The fact we've balloted in the first place should prompt talks.

"The Government expects teachers to put about 3 per cent more into their pension fund for no extra return.

"It also wants to change the final salary scheme to a career average.

"Most teachers don't earn vast amounts. They entered the profession knowing there would be reasonable recompense. Now, that's changing."

Unions said the changes, which come at a time when teachers' pay is frozen, would mean staff paying more a year into a pension.

The replacement of the final salary scheme could amount to a 40 per cent decrease in retirement income for some.

About 4,000 NUT members work in Leicestershire.

Ian Leaver, joint secretary of the Leicester branch, said: "We anticipate the majority of schools having to close.

"The NUT voted 92 per cent in favour of this. That goes to show what a huge issue this is."

Mr Leaver said the date of strike action had been chosen as exams will have finished.

The Public and Commercial Services Union was due to announce the result of a strike ballot today, raising the prospect of civil servants and other public sector staff also going on strike on June 30.

The NUT plans to stage a rally in Victoria Park, Leicester, from noon until 3pm on the day.

Trevor Pringle, from the city council, said: "We're disappointed that a dispute nationally will impact locally.

"However, we know our teachers are committed to raising standards and will not take this action lightly.

"We will monitor the impact of this dispute and hope it will be quickly resolved.

"There will be guidance issued to schools on how to manage related issues in the near future.

"This will include the importance of communicating effectively with parents about potential closures."

Chirag Suralia, whose daughter attends Riverside Primary, in Birstall, said he supported the action.

He said: "This Government is making so many changes without consultation that I'm not surprised teachers have decided to take a stand. I support it."

Claire Barnes, who has a youngster at Kibworth Primary School, said: "I can see why it might be a problem for some parents who will need childcare but that's not an issue for me.

"It's up to the teachers if they want to strike."
‹ 上一主题|下一主题
你需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 註 冊

Archiver| Leicester BBS

GMT, 2024-5-15 09:56